Terms and Conditions
- Long Duration Packs (hereinafter referred to as LDP) mean packs that can be subscribed for duration longer than one month namely quarterly, semi-annually and annually.
- Long Duration Base Packs (hereinafter referred to as LD Base Pack) mean base packs that can be subscribed for duration longer than one month namely quarterly, semi-annually and annually.
- Long Duration Add-on packs (referred to as LD Add-on pack/s) comprises of any additional product/service subscribed to in addition to the base pack for duration longer than one month namely quarterly, semi-annually and annually (as available) e.g. Sports add-on packs, MultiTV add-on pack; Actve Fun Learn & other such Actve products, HD Access Fee
- Auto renewal means: Automatic renewal of the existing LD Base Pack and/or existing LD Add-on pack/s for another term on the same Pack, with content which is available & price which is applicable on the day You complete the subscription period on Your current Packs. The automatic renewal is subject to availability of adequate Account Balance in Your Subscriber Account during 7 days from the day the subscription period expires on the LD Base Pack and/or the existing LD Add-on pack/s.
- Auto Alignment means: It is the process by which a Subscriber subscribing to LD Add-On Packs can opt for getting the LD Add-On/s aligned to LD Base Pack during the subscription term on an LD Base Pack; i.e. the tenure of the Add on / Multi TV long duration packs match that of the LD Base Pack with the result that the subscription period end dates of the LD Add-on / Multi TV long duration packs become the same as that of the LD Base Packs.
Tata Sky subscribers subscribing to the LD Base Pack shall be bound by the following terms and conditions:
- All regular residential subscribers can subscribe to a LD Base Pack or a LD Add-on Pack through the following modes: (i) By logging on to www.mytatasky.com and (ii) by calling the Tata Sky Helpline.
- In order to subscribe to the LD Base Pack or LD Add-On Pack, the Tata Sky Subscriber Account needs to have sufficient Account Balance for the subscription price of the LDP being subscribed to. In the event that a different LD Base/LD Add-on Pack is being subscribed to, then the earlier LD Base/LD Add-On Pack which has already been subscribed to (subject to the same not being a promotional pack) may be discontinued and the Subscriber shall get a pro rata credit for the balance unexpired period of the LD Base/Add-On Pack which can be adjusted towards the price of the new Long Duration Pack. Under no circumstances, will any subscriber be entitled to a pro rata credit if subscribed to any Promotional pack.
- With an LD Base Pack, the Subscriber can view all the channels & services as indicated by Tata Sky during the validity of the chosen LD Base Pack. Tata Sky shall not be responsible where any channel/interactive service is withdrawn due to factors beyond its control.
- In the event of any increase in the price of any of the channels/packs/interactive services during the validity of the subscription period to the LDP, the subscriber will be extended a price protection and such increase will not be applicable during the LDP subscription period.
- Auto renewal and Auto Alignment are not applicable to Promotional Packs.
- Your subscription to the LDP is valid ONLY for a period of the term of the LD P. Post completion of the subscription period of the LDP, revised prices may apply as determined at Tata Sky's sole discretion.
- On completion of the term of Your LDP, the same will get Auto renew for another term on the same Long Duration pack provided:
- There is sufficient balance in the subscriber’s account to renew the pack;
- The Long Duration Pack is available with the same content and at the same price;
- The Subscriber has not explicitly made a change to his/her subscription prior to completion of subscription period of the LDP;
- The Auto renewal will be available within a 7 day period from the day the subscription period expires on the earlier LDP. To illustrate: if subscription period on the LD Base Pack on 31st March, then the Auto renewal of the same pack can take place until 7th April; subject to the conditions mentioned herein.
- If the Tata Sky Subscriber Account has insufficient balance to renew LDP/s for another term, the Subscriber will automatically be migrated to a monthly version, of the LDP subscribed to earlier, where you will continue to get all the channels and services provided at that point of time on the Tata Sky platform but on a daily charge basis; which requires the Tata Sky Subscriber Account to have Minimum Account Balance for uninterrupted viewing. Failure to maintain a Minimum Account Balance will lead to deactivation of the Service.
- In case a Subscriber has subscribed to LD Base Pack & LD Add-on Packs and all the L DPs are due for renewal on the same date and the Account Balance is sufficient to renew only a few Packs but not all, then the renewal will take place in the following order:
- LD Base Pack
- LD MultiTV (if there is more than 1 MultiTV in the account, then the renewals will take place in the order based on the dates that the MultiTV got connected, the first connected MultiTV being the first)
- Add-On Pack
- Should the Subscriber want to make changes to any of the subscribed Packs, the Subscriber will need to explicitly effect such a change by logging into www.myatatsky.com or calling the Tata Sky Helpline; on or before the end of the subscription period on the LD P. If an explicit change has not been asked for by the Subscriber, Auto renewal of the Pack for another term will take place within a period of 7 days from the date of completion of the earlier subscription period, subject to the Subscriber Account having sufficient balance for Auto renewal.
- In cases where the LD Add-On Pack is due for renewal before the LD Base Pack and Auto Alignment is not possible, then an Auto renewal of the LD Add-on Pack will take place subject to meeting the required criteria and thereafter Auto Alignment will take place. The Subscriber also has the choice of not renewing the LD Add-On Pack provided that such a choice has been explicitly made by way of registering the change on the Account through www.mytatasky.com or through the Tata Sky Helpline.
- Subscription to LDP does not authorise the Subscriber to automatically receive any additional services that Tata Sky offers which are not part of the LDP. Subscription to any additional services shall be at an additional cost.
- Auto Alignment : Subscribers of LD Base Packs opting for additional services (Add-on packs, MultiTV, HD Access Fee etc) have the option of subscribing to the additional pack on a monthly basis or opting for a LD Add-on Pack, where the long duration of the additional service will get automatically aligned to the LD Base Pack.
- If a Subscriber opts for the Add-on Pack on a monthly basis, then the viewing of the service will be subject to the Subscriber ensuring sufficient balance in his/her account to support the Add-on Pack. In the absence of a Minimum Account Balance , the services of the Add-on Pack will be deactivated. The services will be restored once the Subscriber account has been sufficiently recharged..
- Tata Sky reserves the right at any time, without prior notice, to add or vary all or any of these terms and conditions or to replace or withdraw the Long Duration Pack completely. However, such a change will be prospective and not retrospective in nature to ensure that the Tata Sky subscribers who have already subscribed to the Long Duration Pack are not inconvenienced in any manner.
- All disputes in relation to the Long Duration Pack/s or these Terms and Conditions shall be subject to exclusive jurisdiction of Delhi courts.
- These terms and conditions are in addition to the Terms & Conditions of the Tata Sky Subscription Contract and if there are any inconsistencies between the two, these terms and conditions shall govern for the limited purpose as specified. These terms and conditions are limited as specified and shall not constitute a modification or waiver of any other provision of the Tata Sky Subscription Contract. Terms used herein but not defined shall have the same meaning as assigned to them in the Tata Sky Subscription Contract.