Terms and Conditions
Existing subscribers or new customers buying a Tata Sky HD or Tata Sky+ HD during the offer period are eligible to win a trip for 2 to Australia.
18 December 2011 – 31 January 2012
- Existing subscriber – Are those who have activated their Tata Sky connection before 18 December 2011
- New Customer – Are those who buy and activate their Tata Sky connection between 18 December and 31 January 2012
- Participant – Defined as an Existing Subscriber or New Customer who have bought and activated their Tata Sky HD or Tata Sky+ HD box during the offer period.
- Terms & Conditions means and includes these terms and conditions, rules made thereunder and the terms and conditions of the subscription contract that the customer signs with Tata Sky.
- To participate in the offer ‘Participants’ must buy a Tata Sky HD or a Tata Sky+ HD box and activate within the offer period defined.
- To become eligible for this offer ‘Participants’ must also be in active state at the time of selection and hold a valid Indian passport.
- Winner will be randomly selected by a computer generated process, from the pool of ‘Participants’. Tata Sky reserves the right to change the selection method and the selection date without giving any prior notice and has the sole right to determine the Winner. The decision arrived at by Tata Sky shall be final and not subject to challenge before any court of law. The Winner will be notified by Tata Sky through a letter sent to the communication address mentioned by the Subscriber in the Tata Sky Subscription Form.
- Tata Sky reserves the right to devise a selection procedure and can change the rules, contained therein at its discretion.
- The Winner selected by the process laid down by Tata Sky shall be entitled to take the trip to Australia, which is sponsored by ESPN and includes return air fare and 3Nights/4Days accommodation and transportation to the hotel where the winner will be staying. Expenses for all meals and beverages consumed by the winner during the stay in Australia shall be borne by the winner at his own cost.
- The winner must avail the trip to Australia within 6 months of the formal announcement of his/her name.
- Winner of the foreign trip will be responsible for arranging all travel related documents such as visa etc. In event the winner is unable to arrange for any of the travel related documents in time, he/she will have to forfeit the prize and ESS and their group companies and Tata Sky & their group companies will not be responsible for any loss so caused. In case of forfeiture, another winner will be chosen under the same procedure for selection stipulated above and the same rules of selecting the new winner shall apply.
- ESS and Tata Sky will not be responsible for any loss, injury or any other liability arising out of the trip to Australia.
- The winner will be required to give an undertaking that he/she will not indulge in any activities/behavior while on the the trip to Australia that may be detrimental to the interest/image of ESS and Tata Sky.
- The results generated will be final and binding
- Cash in lieu of prize will not be given and the prize is not transferable.
- Tata Sky reserves the right, at any time, to verify eligibility requirements, in any manner deemed appropriate by it.
- All foreign travel must be in accordance with RBI guidelines.
- Tata Sky will have the right to use the image of the Winner in any promotional materials for a period of one year from the date of event. By participating in the offer, the Winner has agreed to participate in any promotional activity(ies) and/or have his/her name and likeness featured in any promotional material as Tata Sky may require.
- Tata Sky will not be liable for any loss, damage or cancellation of this offer caused by events beyond its’ reasonable control including war, natural calamities, floods etc.
- Limitation of liability. By participating in the offer, Winners waive any right to claim ambiguity in the rules, and release, indemnify and hold harmless Tata Sky, their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and all of their respective agents, representatives, officers, directors, shareholders and employees (collectively, "releasees" from and against any injuries, losses, damages, claims, actions, or any liability of any kind resulting from or arising from participation in the offer (including but not limited to any use, misuse, or nonuse of the trip by the Winner), or acceptance, possession, use, misuse or nonuse of the trip that may be awarded. Winners agree to accept the trip "as is".
- Participants acknowledge and agree that all disputes in relation to the offer, including but not limited to, eligibility, cheating, advancement, and other issues related to the offer shall be determined in the sole and absolute discretion of Tata Sky, and that such a decision by Tata Sky shall be final and binding.
- Participants represent, warrant and undertake (a) to comply with these Rules, and (b) that they release and hold harmless Tata Sky, its respective subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents from any and all liability, loss or damage of any kind. Tata Sky is not responsible for printing or typographical errors in any draw related materials; or for transactions that are lost, misdirected, fail to enter into the processing system, or are processed, reported, or transmitted late or incorrectly or are lost for any reason including computer, telephone, paper transfer, mail system, human or other error; or for electronic, computer, or telephonic malfunction or error, including inability to access any web site associated with this offer, or process any transaction thereon. The Terms and Condtions contained herein, including any rules made hereunder are in addition to the terms & conditions of the subscription contract that the participants sign at the time of purchase of the connection.
- The Winner shall hold harmless and indemnify Tata Sky for any claim whatsoever arising out of the actions of the Winner or his/her Guests. Tata Sky will not be party to any suit or other proceedings filed by the Winner or his/her Guests in relation to this Prize.
- New Delhi Courts shall have the exclusive jurisdiction over all matters pertaining to the draw to select the winner.